UPDATE: welcome to book club
Hello all.

The format of official Book Club posts is going to be updated starting with The Picture of Dorian Gray. Thanks to Mark's suggestion, I am going to be writing several posts per book, each about only certain sections (eg several chapters). My aim will be to write about 3-4 posts per book, and they will all be linked to in the sidebar under their respective book titles. This is all an attempt to make this seem more like a real book club in which you can follow along with what I'm reading (or have read) as it happens.

Let me know your feelings...

3.14.2008

i talk too much

I was just on Scott's blog, and the way he types is exactly the way he speaks. I can actually hear him saying the things he writes in his posts. I wonder if people can hear me in mine? I doubt it since there really are no people to read my posts, but whatevs.
I sure hope I don't ramble as much in real life as I do on here, but I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking.

I'm close to being done with The Giver. It should have only take me a few days to read, but I've been a little busier lately. Though it's midnight, and I only slept 5.5ish hours last night and have been up for 16 so far today, I think I might just try and finish it now.

btw, today was probably the most full, sucessful, productive (I didn't get much tangible shit done, just personal goodness fulfillment) day I've ever had. Without trying to ramble too hardcore, here's the rundown:
1. Woke up at 8AM with a mild hangover as a result of last night's cocktail club.
2. Took an astrophysics exam. Bombed one question, rocked the rest (I think).
3. Ate breakfast and read. I love eating and reading at the same time. It's a simple pleasure I really cherish.
4. Took Ally out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and ate a whole BBQ chix pizza less than two hours after having eaten aforementioned breakfast on a mildly upset hangover stomach.
5. Shopped for AJ's bday with Ally.
6. Played guitar, showered.
7. Went to Nick's house and chilled with the Cheyennee-G.
8. Hiked with Nick, Jordan LM, Tomper, and Greg to the "chairs" or some shit like that. Looked at Boulder, threw rocks, shivered (improperly attired: hobo plaid collared shirt and skater shoes).
9. Went to dinner at Sushi Tora. Ate dessert at Cheesecake. Shivered in between.
10. Watched one of my past teachers on a video about the upcoming FY09 NASA budget. Check out Pimp-Daddy Burns.
11. Wrote on my blog.
Still to come today: read, sleep...in that order, hopefully.

No comments: